Eravikulam National Park
Administered by the Kerala Department of Forests and Wildlife, Rajamala is the tourism zone of Eravikulam National Park. The main body of the park consists of a high rolling hill with a base elevation of about 2,000 m. The terrain consists of high altitude grasslands interspersed with tropical montane forest. Anamudi, 2,695 meters, the highest peak in South India (after Himalayas) is inside this park. Major types of plant communities are found in the Park are grasslands, bush lands and forests. The terrain above 2000 meters is covered primarily by grasslands. However, there are numerous small patches of forests in hollows and gullies in these areas. The deeper valleys are extensively forested.
Eravikulam National Park Visiting Time – 7 AM to 4 PM
Eravikulam National Park – Booking
Travelers can book online through Zamorin Holidays website (without any extras) or Information center at Munnar and Official website. (Reservation counter timings- 9 AM – 3 PM). Reservation fee is ₹50/-
Eravikulam National Park Entry Fees
- Adults (Indian) – ₹125/-
- Children – ₹95/-
- Foreign Nationals – ₹420/-
- Ordinary Camera – ₹45/-
- Video Camera – ₹325/-
Closure Period: 21 February to 21 March (Calving period)
Eravikulam National Park- Things to Know Before You Go
- Feel the cool breeze with spectacular view of south India’s highest peak in the zone.
- Get assured sighting of Nilgiri Tahr, feel the kurinji and experience the shola grassland eco system.
- Diversity includes, 48+ Species of Mammals, 133+ Species of Birds, 101+Species of Butterflies & 21+ Species of Amphibians.
- The park has restaurants, Eco shops and an amenity center.
- Ticket can be purchased from forest ticket counter and you may have to wait in queue for sometimes. (Consult with your tour operator).
- Visitors will be picked from 5th Mile on safari buses and dropped back. All other movements inside the park are on foot along trails and footpaths.
- Private vehicles are not allowed inside the park.
- The tourism zone will be closed in calving season during Feb – March every year.
- Only 3500 entry tickets are permitted in Eravikulam national park per day, In which 75% of tickets are available through online and 25% tickets are available at Munnar and Marayur ticket counters.
Do’s and Dont’s
- Carrying of food and beverage items into the Park is prohibited.
- Do not litter the park; leave your foot prints only.
- Smoking, consumption of alcohol and other contraband inside the Park is prohibited.
- Feeding, teasing, disturbing wild animals is strictly prohibited.
- While inside the Park, do not keep pet animals, firearms, traps, poisonous or any other substance which is injurious to the wildlife.
- Please take care to limit your presence in the designated areas only while inside the Park.
- Illegal entry, use of unauthorized space, unauthorized trekking and picnicking is punishable.
- Do not play music, honk or speak loudly. Silence can help you hear wildlife.
- Do not carry plastic materials inside the park as the Park is a Plastic free zone.
Hotels / Accommodation Near By
Most popular hotels and other stay options are listed in this website. You may contact the Trip designer to secure the bookings of other Exclusive private properties. Know more about – Munnar Hotels
Tour Packages with this Activity / Experience
Checkout the Tour Package page and browse with advanced filter options to explore additional inclusions with this activity. Know more about – Munnar Tour Packages
Power of Exclusivity: More included features with this Activity / Experience
Time management is most important in travel and the destination is all about how you experience the tour. Without losing the Quality and Security, Make the Best and Most with every trip is our prime concern. With an unrivaled depth of Local expertise, we are at the Art of Travel Research and have been Professionally planning, mapping and facilitating premium travel activities and sightseeing package tour experiences. There are countless Incredible things are hidden in these natural treasures (Un touched by normal trials) and when you travel with us, there is much more to expect than what you get in a traditional Cochin sightseeing tour package in Kerala. This “More” that makes us special, which will guarantee an unparalleled and unique experiences. Note: The exclusive program details wouldn’t be mentioned in any online Cochin tour packages itinerary web catalogs.
This Cochin tourism activity could Power Up with 7 other Exclusive activities/ things to do features to make the best out of your time. You may Contact the trip designer for customizing options.
Eravikulam National Park Reviews
How do I book this Activity / Experience?
Contact us via WhatsApp or Inquire the details. Our Trip Designer will be in touch base with you shortly to help and secure the bookings. He/she will be able to assist you in further to modifying the activity/ experience/ tour package itinerary according to the budget and theme Booking Information to make the best out of your time on holidaying.
How do I get Exclusive features?
The Trip Designer will work closely to identify and include the appropriate tourism features on your tour itinerary plan according to the theme, budget, travelers and the duration of your trip. Some features are used to deliver as a surprise and an unexpected encounter always has the thrill, especially in travel. Majority of the programs are governed by the Responsible Tourism engagement portfolios, were local stake holders plays a significant role to avail the experiences. The Trip designer and the Tour Manger will Ensure the guest Satisfaction by properly utilizing the delivery network.
Can I customize this activity and Exclusive features with a Tour package?
Yes, Certainly. We specialize in customizing Kerala holiday packages based on an experience than a traditional Kerala sightseeing tour package Service concept. Our trip designer will work with you closely to ensure the quality of Kerala tourism services. He/She will be able to advice you the highlights of each and every outcome (good & bad) to help you decide.
Why you should use a Tour Operator?
Even if you have a good idea of your itinerary, it’s not much easy to pinpoint exactly how you’d want to execute professionally. Generally, You’ve got to nail when it comes to location, time management and skills to Get the Best out of the duration. sometimes choosing an activity could go wrong. The route planning also plays an important role to accommodate better features. If you’ve not availed of the pick-up service, a taxi driver who knows the place is required. There’s really not much info which one’s genuine and which is out to rip you off (people and situations). You also need to research and ensure that your involvement is legit and secure. When you use a tour operator, they will make all the necessary arrangements to facilitate your trip requests with Professional Care. For you to enjoy the trip instead of worrying in every steps.
How does Zamorin HoliDays Stands out?
If we check around the similar itineraries in the service market, we could see a same pattern in terms of destinations and other get around’ s. That’s not we emphasis. We do inform our guests about the suitable Exclusive Features but we wouldn’t advertise the same online. There are few reasons to do so. Few of these destinations or experiences couldn’t possibly afford any high volume of tourists. Somehow, we have to maintain the environment by discouraging the crowd. Another major factor is not to disturb the natural harmony by the interest of local stakeholders.
Why Choose Us?
We are in business for a cause. By our Local Expertise, Convenience and Integrity, we cater to serve the tourists across the globe and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by quality service. Over 95% of our Guests are referrals and repeat travelers. We have a Professional Team to deliver the programs/ activities and Systematic Support Systems to ensure, our valued guests will enjoy, Guaranteed Savings, Travel Credits, Travel Protection Plans, EMI options, Cash Rewards, Bonus Offers and much more.. For our valued guests. Find out more options here – Offers- More Ways to Save
Our Strength: Local Expertise, Convenience and Integrity
We treat you honestly with authenticity. Provides value based on an integrity and commitment. We offer which can be delivered, No false commitments. Know more – About Us
We practice tourism as a tool for the social development support schemes. Our journeys are inspired by a great gratitude by eradicating poverty and giving emphasis to women & children. Know more about – CSR Initiatives
When you Experience the Travel with Us:
You support few designated ongoing projects ranging in size from the micro-local to regional. For every trip, There is a compulsory contribution of Rs.500 (This can bring nutrition and medical help to an unprivileged child for one month) on your behalf to Save the Children Initiative. Apart from this, Every Kerala Tour Package is aligned with a particular initiative. For eg. Every Honey moon Package trips are contributing to the Marriage Assistance Scheme to help the daughters of poor parents, Orphan girls, Widow’s daughter’s marriage. Every Cruise Shore packages contributes to the Women Empowerment Schemes. Know more about – Responsible Tourism Initiatives
Support for a Cause – Expressing Gratitude:
- Help us to serve better. As a valued customer, Recommend your friends to us, and receive benefits towards yourself and referred friends under prime care plan. Click here for – Refer a friend
- Make a minimum contribution of ₹500 to a Social support scheme of your choice. Email /WhatsApp the details to receive the tax benefit certificate under Section 80G.
Thanks for Visiting the Travel Site. Please feel free to Contact Us for a Quick Assistance.